Environment and Ecology is truly a Complete Guide on this subject for the UPSC Preliminary and Main Examinations. It will strengthen your conceptual understanding of the subjects, even as it prepares you for the examination.
As demanded by the questions asked in the UPSC examination, the book has a strong focus on India, even while it covers the major international issues. It covers government policies, laws, and regulations in a comprehensive manner.
This book has been written in a prescriptive manner to facilitate an analytical understating of the topics. Question-answer format has been used to make the learning more interactive and synergistic. Written in simple and lucid language, the book will serve as a comprehensive reference for those appearing in the civil services examination.
- Chapters based on an analysis of all the environment-related questions in the Preliminary and Main Examinations from 1987 to 2015.
- Current affairs and recent developments related to Environment and Ecology.
- Lead Stories to improve understanding while creating an interest in the topic.
- Answers to the questions of the Preliminary Examination from the year 1987 to 2015, with comments where necessary.
- Model answers for the 2014 and 2015 questions.
- Unique strategy for the examination based on an analysis of the past questions.
- Guide to critical thinking needed for the Main Examination.
- Support from the Online Resource Centre comprising information on major international conferences, noted environmentalists, environmental calendar, etc.
1. Subject Index
2. Additional Appendices on
(a) Major International conferences, agreements, and events
(b) Noted environmentalists and awards
(c) Environmental calendar
(d) Summary of 2016 Economic Survey
Also visit the author’s blog http://iasenvironmentecology.blogspot.in/
For customer support, please contact:
Tel: +91 12 4477 4477
Airtel : 1800-102-8177 (Toll Free)
BSNL : 1800-180-7126 (Toll Free)