Criminology and Penology adheres to the syllabus of the undergraduate law courses of all major universities and law institutes. This revision book is part of the Quick Reference Guide: Q&A Series designed as a study aid for law students with a clear objective of assisting students in their examination preparation. Further, it deals with the most important topics in a comprehensive manner.
The text covers the important topics of criminology such as nature and extent of crime in India, differences and relationship between criminology and penology, various approaches to crime control, various types of white collar crimes, crime in professions such as medicine, legal and engineering, causes of recidivism and remedial measures. Further, it deals with marginalised crime with reference to vagrant prostitution, factors or causes influencing crimes, sociological theories of crime, modern sociological theory and economic theory of crime & crime causation.
Lastly, the book covers topics relating to penology such as, kinds of punishments, theories of punishments, capital punishment, fine as a mode of punishment, classification of prisons in India, rights of prisoners, open prison system, duties, functions and powers of police, constitution of criminal courts, classification of offences, probation and parole.
- Contains about 48 questions and answers on Criminology and 38 questions and answers on Penology focusing on quick conceptual clarity, covering 36 short questions and 25 important cases
- Answers are supplemented with numerous judgments, caselaw and citations
- Helps students to prepare for exams and enhances their answer-writing skills by providing comprehensive and to-the-point answers
- Presents topics in question and answer format, as a tool for aiding in last - minute rapid revision
- Provides frequently-asked questions based on previous years’ question papers from major universities, in the form of essay questions, short questions and important cases
For customer support, please contact:
Tel: +91 12 4477 4477
Airtel : 1800-102-8177 (Toll Free)
BSNL : 1800-180-7126 (Toll Free)