Tannans Banking Law and Practice in India is an indispensable guide which provides an in-depth study of the highly specialised branch of banking law. The new edition is concise in its treatment and it meticulously and comprehensively takes into account all financial and banking sector reforms. Various elements of banking law such as regulation of banks, bank and customer relationships, lending activities of banks and recovery of loans, remittance activities of banks, including digital payments are thoroughly discussed. It contains up-to-date statutes, case law and RBI Master Circulars, Guidelines and Directions as well as other related Circulars and Press Releases.
- Covers recent amendment to the SARFAESI Act, Recovery of Debts Due to Banks Act etc. and enactment of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016.
- Elaborately discusses the impact of financial technology orfin-tech on global banking
- Includes developments such as dis-intermediation and the growth of P2P lending which is challenging the role of banks as lenders
- Discusses the role of banks as key players in the payment and settlement system
- Incorporates reforms in India to introduce Basel III in a phased manner for adding a new liquidity standard in response to the changing global scenario
- Discusses in detail the guidelines on restructuring of loans and related powers, including powers of change of management of the borrower
- Comprehensively covers the recently launched forms of specialised banks including payment banks and small finance banks
- Discusses the recommendations and impact of the Narasimham Committee, Verma Committee, Raghu Ram Rajan Committee in relation to the privatisation of banks in India
- Makes reference to the Financial Resolution and Deposit Insurance Bill, 2016
- Summarises the impact of the Union Budget, 2017 on banking sector
This work is tremendously valuable to practitioners, banks, Financial Institutions (Fis), legal officers, company secretaries, academicians, professionals, analysts, regulators as well as students.
For customer support, please contact:
Tel: +91 12 4477 4477
Airtel : 1800-102-8177 (Toll Free)
BSNL : 1800-180-7126 (Toll Free)