"Ratanlal & Dhirajlal’s The Indian Penal Code has served the legal profession, and all those associated with it, for more than a century. This radically revised 34th edition exhaustively covers the consequences of the Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 2013 and discusses the widest possible range of topics from emerging areas of criminal law including: • Jurisdiction in territorial waters in the light of the Enrica Lexie case
• Corporate criminal liability in offences having mens rea
• Community service in lieu of imprisonment
• New trends in punishments and sentencing
• Application of General Exceptions during investigation
• Fake encounters and honour killings
• Mercy killing in the light of the Supreme Court judgment in Aruna Shanbaug
• Delay in disposal of mercy petitions and commutation of death sentence
• Difference between sections 304A and 304 Part II in the light of the BMW Case
• Constitutionality of death penalty - Does Bachan Singh need a fresh look?
• ‘Rarest of rare’ doctrine - Is capital sentencing in India judge centric? As has been the hallmark of previous editions, the current edition too has a Summary at the end of the work. This book is indispensable for students, scholars, presiding officers in courts, legal practitioners, investigators, administrators, draftsmen, legislators and social scientists."
For customer support, please contact:
Tel: +91 12 4477 4477
Airtel : 1800-102-8177 (Toll Free)
BSNL : 1800-180-7126 (Toll Free)