First published in 1927, the MLJ Civil Court Manual has undergone several editions and has retained its pre-eminent position in the domain of legal literature. This new series provides detailed and updated information on every central enactment of civil application in force.
Statutory amendments and case law have been growing day-by-day. We have examined and updated both for this edition. An innovative feature of the 14th Edition is the introduction of cause titles and parallel citations in respect of cases incorporated in this edition. We have also included relevant Rules for select Acts.
Coverage of this volume
This volume extensively covers Orders 1 to 21 of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 and presents an authoritative, revised and fully updated source of the law relating to civil procedure in India.
General facts & features of this edition
• Case law coverage
o Exhaustive coverage of SC cases. Case law drawn from approximately 53 High Court and Supreme Court journals.
o Case law covered till October 2011.
o Extensive coverage based on state journals, which carry judgments not published by national journals e.g.:
- Andhra Law Decisions,
- Bombay Case Reporter,
- Calcutta Weekly Notes,
- Gauhati Law Times,
- Jharkhand Cases Reporter,
- Kerala Law Weekly,
- Madhya Pradesh High Court Cases,
- Orissa Law Reporter.
o Critical and relevant facts integrated into the proposition of cases.
• Statutory coverage
o Legislative reference (amendments to sections) CCM includes all relevant legislative references under each section. The effective date of commencement (“w.e.f.” and “w.r.e.f”) highlighted in every legislative reference.
(2) New key features:
• Statement of Objects and Reasons (SOR) introduced in CCM for the first time.
• Parallel citations incorporated for cases included in this edition.
• Party names: We have introduced cause titles (party names) in respect of cases incorporated in this edition.
• For easy identification of case law on the relevant subject of the reader’s choice, headings & sub-headings have been introduced under section headings in this edition.
(3) Matter styled and organized for the convenience of readers:
• SC cases highlighted: All Supreme Court cases have been highlighted with a bold bullet mark (•) preceding the party names.
• For easy navigation, the running heads carry:
• Name of the Act,
• Section number and heading, and
• Synopsis number.
• Case treatment provided. Indicated where cases have been “relied on”, “overruled”, “followed” or “dissented from”.
• Case law under each section has been presented in two columns to maximize per page coverage.
• Detailed Synopses provided for all statutes.
• Acts and Rules have been presented in an Alphabetical as well as Chronological list in the table of contents.
For customer support, please contact:
Tel: +91 12 4477 4477
Airtel : 1800-102-8177 (Toll Free)
BSNL : 1800-180-7126 (Toll Free)