Author : Poonam Pradhan Saxena
ISBN : 9788131252321
EDITION : 3rd
NO. OF VOLUMES : 1
BINDING : PB
COPYRIGHT YEAR : 2017Rs775.00 / US$ 34
Property Law presents a user-friendly treatment of a subject, students often find very technical, dry and not easy to comprehend. The book is a section-wise, thematically arranged coverage of the Transfer of Property Act, 1882.
- Fundamental concepts spelt out in simple and lucid language
- Relevant sections of the Indian Succession Act, 1925 has been cited, illustrated and discussed in detail
- Relevance of each topic explained step-by-step through illustrations
- Key words, definitions and concepts discussed, including various transfers, method of execution of transfers and the rights and obligations of parties included in a transfer
- Adaptation of English legal concepts systematically explained
- Thorough analysis of judicial pronouncements, presented in the areas of: - spes successionis, that is, transfers based on the expectations that a person would receive property through intestate or testamentary succession in future - impleadment of the transferee pendent lite, and - the relationship of law of limitation to usufructuary mortgages This book is an essential reading for LLB students, useful reference tool for professors teaching in law schools, and will be a valuable assetto law libraries.
Dr Poonam Pradhan Saxena was a professor at the Faculty of Law, University of Delhi, and has been teaching law for the last thirty years and is currently the Vice Chancellor of National Law University, Jodhpur. She is a senior Fulbright scholar, and a visiting faculty at the University of Baltimore, Maryland, USA. she is a Shastri, Indo-Canadian fellow, and has delivered lectures in eleven different universities across Canada. She is the author of Property Law (2006), a LexisNexis Butterworths publication. She has also contributed to four volumes of the Halsbury's Laws of India, viz, 'Property and Easements' [Volume 29(2)]. Her articles have been published in more than fifty leading Indian and foreign law journals and books.