- This thematic commentary provides comprehensive coverage of operational and regulatory aspects of banking industry.
- Analyses various aspects of the banking sector including (I) Credit policy, (II) Audit & inspection, (III) Dishonor of cheques, (IV) Loans and advances, (V) Guarantee, Securities, (VI) Digitalization of banking platforms, (VII) developments in regulations relating to Non-performing asset (NPAs) Management, (VIII) introduction of e-banking services and products and practical problems pertaining to the same
- Incorporates significant judicial decisions on key enactments including Banking Regulation Act 1949; Negotiable Instruments Act 1881; SARFAESI Act 22; and Debt Recovery Tribunal Act 1993.
- Includes revised forms and latest circulars and notifications issued by the RBI.
- Contains quick reference tables, comparative tables, illustrative figures for ease of understanding.
- Incorporates relevant statutory changes in the law made post the publication of the last edition
- Includes important decisions of Supreme Court and various High courts
- The provisions and the case laws that stands no longer effective in the light of amendments and developments that have taken place have been duly removed.
- Contains the recent legislative scheme on Ombudsman Scheme for Digital Transactions, 2019
- Includes the excerpts on the latest committee reports like Sunil Mehta recommendations on Project Sashakt, Insolvency Law Committee report 2018, Committee report on Deepening of Digital Payments, 2019.
Widely acclaimed as a classic, Tannan’s Banker’s Manual (A Commentary on Banking Laws and Allied Acts) captures the history of banking law and takes us through all the substantial developments over the years…. It covers detailed coverage of the SARFAESI Act 2002 and thorough explanation in a comprehensive and lucid manner. This book is an essential reference for students, academicians, legal professionals, as well as general readers and a must read for all bankers and legal professionals practicing in banking laws.
New to this edition: