This is a section wise commentary on the Trade Marks Act, 1999 and the Geographical Indications of Goods Act, 1999. The narrative is arranged under 2 volumes consisting of a comprehensive list of appendices
- Venkateswaran on Trade Marks and Passing-off is an advanced section-wise commentary on the current legislation on the Law of Trade Marks, Passing Off and Geographical Indications.
- It comprehensively compiles related reference study material in the form of appendices, which includes: - Bare provisions of rules and guidelines - Relevant Notifications - Relevant provisions under other statutes - International material and agreements - International Classification of Goods & Services for the Purposes of Registration of Marks (NICE Classification) - Madrid international registration material - Geographical Indications Act, Rules and Guidelines
- This authoritative work, first published in 1936, has been cited in a number of cases by the Bombay High Court.
- There has also been a spurt in litigation relating to trademark infringement – this book comprehensively incorporates up-to-date Indian and foreign case law and all landmark judgments reported in premier law journals such as RPC-Oxford and PTC.
- This commentary is an essential guide for litigators, trademark agent and Judges, on the latest position of law on Trade Marks and Geographical Indications in India, UK and Europe.
Copyright Act, 1957 (14 of 1957) (With Exhaustive Case Law)
Author : Universal Concise Commentary