M L Tannan Banking Law and Practice in India is an indispensable reference providing an in-depth study of this highly specialised branch of law. Retaining the essence of the original work, this new edition is concise in its treatment and meticulously takes into account all financial and banking sector reforms. Important aspects of banking law such as regulation of banks, bank and customer relationships, lending activities and recovery practices, corporate governance norms, digital banking, audit and inspection et al have been discussed comprehensively.
- Covers major aspects and recent case law pertaining to SARFAESI Act 2002, Recovery of Debts and Bankruptcy Act, 1993, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016, etc.
- Covers recent RBI circular(s) on corporate governance in banks, such as ‘fit and proper’ criteria for directors, composition of board and committees, etc
- Includes recent amendments in the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 pertaining to co-operative banks and the Consumer Protection Act, 2019
- Incorporates contemporary topics like co-lending norms, electronic fraud, etc.
- Discusses the implementation of Basel-III, including framework on liquidity standards, recommendations and impact of the various committees, which have been instrumental in shaping the banking law in India
Author : Mulla
Law Relating to Guarantees
Author : S N Gupta