- A comprehensive study on Legal Maxim’s.
- Up to date with all the major judicial and legislative developments that has taken place in this field of law
- All-important judicial pronouncements have been incorporated.
- Adopts a lucid and analytical approach. New to this edition:
- The present edition has been extensively revised to include the latest judicial as well as the legislative developments wherein a maxim is discussed and analysed.
- Latest case laws as well as the legislative amendments that have come about since the last publication has been incorporated like Navtej Singh Jogar, Joseph shine.
- Both Foreign and Indian Judgments have been duly added."
"Maxims are an established principle or proposition of law universally admitted as being just and consonant with reason, are part of the general customs or common law of the land. Broom`s Legal Maxims first published in 1845 and numerous subsequent editions later, this treatise has now morphosised into its eleventh edition and has been well entrenched globally as an authoritative referencer. Endeavour has been made to preserve its original elementary essence and render the book, in its present form, accurate and useful. Redundant or obsolete matter has been expunged, the void been replaced by illustrations from the most recent cases. Along with latest case law, care has been taken to add several new and important maxims. Revised with an exhaustive treatment of India case law it is reasonably expected to prove alike serviceable to the practitioner as well as to the student.
Author : K J Aiyar
Dictionary of Law
Author : Chief Justice M Monir