This book is a well-researched and systematically organized study of the law relating to women and children. Written topic-wise to make the study meaningful and comprehensive, it critically reexamines the current theory, law, policy and practice of women and child rights and the potential for more women and child sensitive globalization.
This work is a compilation of nine insightful chapters. The First Part of the book, comprising five chapters, examines a range of concerns such as domestic violence, employment and labour, antidiscrimination jurisprudence, family laws, property rights, the right to health, the complexities in the inter-section of women’s rights with disability rights and women’s experiences of repressive legislations. The Second Part, ranging from chapters 6 to 9, deals with different issues relating to children, especially from the marginalised sections of society, the rights available to them under the Constitution and the various laws enacted to implement the same.Key Features:
- Critical exposition of the current theory, law, policy and practice of women and child rights.
- Focuses on the developments made in the law relating to women and children.
- Contains nine insightful chapters, divided into two Parts. The first Part deals with the law relating to women, and the second Part pertains to issues relating to children.
- Attempts a fresh mapping of the field of women and law from an interdisciplinary perspective.
- Aims to sensitise those who deal with children and are part of the mechanism, which is responsible for their welfare.
- Critical appraisal of the judgments of Indian Courts that have led to a change and development in law.
- Essential reference text for the LL.B. course as well as gender and law and feminist jurisprudence. This work can also serve as an undergraduate or graduate textbook for women’s studies or other related interdisciplinary fields.
"Dr. Nuzhat Parveen Khan is the Senior Professor of law at the faculty of law, Jamia Millia Islamia New Delhi. She has written large numbers of books prominent among them are Women and the Law, Comparative Constitutional Law, Law and Justice in Globalized World. She has also edited and contributed to various books along with various foreign authors like Critical Thinking and Communication: The Use of Reason in Argument, and Criminalistics: An introduction to Forensic Science She is the consulting penal member of the National Commission for Women on age-related issues of the juveniles. Recently, Dr. Khan has done project study sponsored by the National Commission for Women on Discriminative And Derogatory Practices Against Women By Khap Panchayats, Shalishi Adalats And Kangaroo Courts In India: An Empirical Study In The States Of Haryana, Uttar Pradesh(West), West Bengal & Rajasthan, in 2014, which has been highly appreciated. She has also undertaken the National Commission for Women Funded Project entitled Standardized Module for Legal Awareness Programme about Women Related Laws in collaboration with Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi. "
- Lexis Red App is compatible with Android (Tablet), iOS(iPad) & Windows 7 and above (PC & Laptop).
- eBook purchases once done on the website, will not be cancelled or refunded.
Interpretation of Statutes
Author : N S Bindra
Principles of Mahomedan Law
Author : Mulla
The Indian Contract Act
Author : Mulla