- A critical commentary covering emerging issues as well as legislative developments
- Focuses on the developments made in the law relating to criminal law since the last publication.
- Traces the close inter relationship of provisions containing in Indian Penal Code, Code of Criminal Procedure and Indian Evidence Act.
- Contains and discusses in detail the Criminal Law Amendment 2013 and 2018.
- Contains critical appraisal of judgments of the Indian Courts that have led to the change and development in the legal position.
- Major landmark and important judgements have been incorporated. New to this edition:
- Legislative changes introduced vide Amendment 2018 have been duly incorporated at appropriate places.
- Incorporates relevant statutory changes in the law made post the publication of the last edition
- Includes important decisions of Supreme Court and various High courts
- The provisions and the case laws that stands no longer effective in the light of amendments and developments that have taken place have been duly removed.
- To make the book brief and concise, many topics have been re written and comments have been pruned at the same time maintaining the originality and essence of the commentary."
"The law of evidence occupies a pivotal role in the effective functioning of the judicial system as the existence of substantive rights can only be established by relevant and admissible evidence. It lays down the quintessential aspects of judicial investigation for effective administration of justice. With rapid advances in diverse fields of life, human relations have undergone an unforeseen transformation, presenting new conflicts and controversies. The law of evidence must therefore regularly groom itself for facing the emerging developments which pose unprecedented problems in the collection of evidence and proof of facts. Over the years, the Courts through judicial precedents and diverse case law have enriched the lexicon of the law of evidence. Ratanlal & Dhirajlal’s Law of Evidence is one of the country’s most relied on and respected titles and has been in print for almost a century. The sheer fact that the book has gone through many editions, stands testimony to its intrinsic worth and scholastic wealth. This book is invaluable for practicing lawyers, law students, police trainees and officers, law universities, judicial academies, legal departments, Judges and Institutional libraries.
- Lexis Red App is compatible with Android (Tablet), iOS(iPad) & Windows 7 and above (PC & Laptop).
- eBook purchases once done on the website, will not be cancelled or refunded.
The Code of Civil Procedure
Author : M P Jain