The insurance industry in India is considered as one of the most regulated, challenging yet untapped sectors of the economy. This book on Law of Insurance deals with all branches of Insurance law. Major changes in the Insurance sector as introduced from the publication of last edition are incorporated with appropriate explanation.
• Offers a comprehensive exposition on all branches of insurance law
• Includes detailed commentaries on the Insurance Act, 1938, the Life Insurance Corporation Act, 1956, the General Insurance Business (Nationalisation) Act, 1972 and the marine Insurance Act, 1963.
• Covers relevant provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 pertaining to litigation before Motor Accidents Claims Tribunals
• Duly updated with recent developments under the Insurance (Amendment) Act, 2021 and the Finance Act, 2021
• Thorough consolidation of various parts has been done without any overlapping
"S K Sarvaria is a former District and Sessions Judge, New Delhi, and is presently serving as the President of the District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum in New Delhi. After graduating from the University of Delhi, he pursued his LL.B. course and also got selected with the Delhi Judicial Services in 1980. While acting as a judge, he presided over different courts including those of the Court of District Judge, Court of Sessions, Labour Court, the Registrar's Court in the High Court of Delhi and Rent Control Tribunal. S K Sarvaria developed an interest in writing and editing law books during his post-graduation in law itself. Since 1998, he has already authored more than 20 titles on different subjects ranging from commentaries on Code of Civil Procedure Code, Indian Penal Code, different insurance laws, Indian Registration Act, Prevention of Money Laundering Act, Foreign Exchange Management Act, Negotiable Instruments Act and Notaries Act, to name a few. He has also contributed to the work of Halsbury's Laws of India in Criminal Procedure and the work of Halsbury's Annotated Statutes of India (HASI) in Criminal Law and Criminal Procedure. Since his retirement in 2013, Sarvaria has been taking up arbitration assignments in matters relating to different kinds of contracts. "
Pleadings and Practice
Author : N S Bindra
Key to Criminal Court Practice & Procedures
The Sale of Goods Act
Author : Pollock & Mulla