Law Relating to Public Service is a detailed commentary on the law pertaining to persons engaged in public employment, i.e., employees under the State, employees under corporations directly incorporated by statutes, and employees under agencies or instrumentalities of the State. The book examines the fundamentals of service law with elaborate discussion on each one of them.
- Contents of this book have been illustrated in a simplified manner, making interpretation of provisions easy for the reader
- The author has examined and formulated 200 principles which analyze and clarify critical legal issues connected to the law relating to public employment
- Comprehensive analysis about regularization with reference to the latest Constitution Bench Judgment assesses the consequential development of constitutional and administrative law through relevant case law in the field
New to this edition:
- Legislative changes and developments that have taken place post the publishing of last edition have been effectively captured at relevant places
- Discusses the restrictive stance of the Supreme Court regarding initiation of public interest litigation in service matters
- Captures the important judgments pronounced by the Supreme Court of India
- Re-arrangement of chapters based on the logic of presentation and need for clarity and explanation
Samaraditya Pal is a Senior Advocate and a Barrister. His name is synonymous with the book on The Law of Contempt, published by LexisNexis and has been widely appreciated by the legal fraternity.