PSA Pillai’s Criminal Law is one of the most archetypal text on the Indian Penal Code, 1860, ever since the publication of its first edition in 1956. With a section wise content flow, this work adopts an entirely different approach to the study of the law of crime, focusing on both emerging issues and legislative developments. A leading treatise on the subject for over five decades, this work, is a thematic presentation of the complex and multi-dimensional subject of criminal law in a lucid, comprehensive and systematic manner. The book, primarily concerned with the substantive offences incorporated in the Indian Penal Code, also explains all relevant provisions of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 and the Indian Evidence Act, 1872.Key Features:
- A critical commentary covering emerging issues as well as legislative developments
- Focuses on the developments made in the law relating to criminal law since the last publication.
- Traces the close inter relationship of provisions containing in Indian Penal Code, Code of Criminal Procedure and Indian Evidence Act.
- Contains and discusses in detail the Criminal Law Amendment 2013 and 2018.
- Contains critical appraisal of judgments of the Indian Courts that have led to the change and development in the legal position. New to this edition:
- Legislative changes introduced vide Amendment 2018 have been duly incorporated at appropriate places.
- Incorporates relevant statutory changes in the law made post the publication of the last edition
- Includes important decisions of Supreme Court and various High courts
- The provisions and the case laws that stands no longer effective in the light of amendments and developments that have taken place have been duly removed.
Dr K I Vibhute is Professor of Law & Dean, Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, and Emeritus Professor of Law, National Law University, Jodhpur. While teaching at Jodhpur, he also served as the Director for the Center for Criminal Law Studies. He has been Professor of Law at various Universities in India and abroad, including the University of Pune, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia, Sultan Sharif Ali Islamic University, Brunei Darussalam, the University of Technology, Mara, Malaysia,National University of Malaysia and Bremen University, Germany. He hasauthored or edited nine books, and has also contributed to sixteen anthologies.Many of his publications are prescribed as textbooks in Indian and foreignuniversities. He has to his credit, one hundred and thirteen articles in reputed lawjournals across the globe. He has also presented papers at more than sixty-_veinternational and national conferences. He has been a member of Editorial/Advisory Boards of the Journal of the Indian Law Institute, Asian Yearbook ofInternational Law, Scholasticus, International Journal of Criminal Justice Scienceand Ethiopian Journal of Legal Education. He is a life member of the Indian LawInstitute, New Delhi; Indian Society of International Law, New Delhi;Environmental Scientists Association of India and International JuristOrganization (Asia).
Law of Bail, Bonds, Arrest and Custody
Leading Cases on Criminal Law
Author : K D Gaur