For protection of the interests of consumers and for the said purpose, to establish authorities for timely and effective administration and settlement of their disputes. Under the Act, various rights have been provided to the consumers to enable them to avail the remedy provided to protect their respective interests against any unfair trade practice by the trader or manufacturer. Key to Consumer Protection Law Practice & Procedure, part of the “law for common man” series, has been authored in simple language and uses a reader-friendly style to apprise the consumers of their legal rights, duties and remedies available under the consumer law and also about the practices & procedures followed by the Consumer Forums while adjudicating such claims. This work shall be of great use to consumers, voluntary organizations, young lawyers, legal professionals, practitioners, academicians, students, as well as general readers interested to know their rights as a consumer.
- Thoroughly revised and up to date with latest case law and recent legislative developments
- Written in a simple and lucid style
- Deals with the practice and procedural aspects of the law
- Includes detailed discussion on the Consumer Protection Act 2019, Food Safety and Standard Act, 2006, and Legal Metrology Act, 2009
Medha Kolhatkar is Assistant Professor(part-time faculty) at ILS Law College, Pune, and has been teaching this subject for more than two decades. A PhD from Bharati Vidyapeeth, Pune, on Law Relating to Tenders - Government Contracts in India, she has also authored Human Rights and the Indian Constitution for Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, Maharashtra, a book on Consumer Protection Act for Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning, Pune, and edited and revised the 9th edition of the celebrated book Deeds and Documents by GM Divekar
- Lexis knowlEdge is accessible via Web, Android (Tablet), iOS(iPad & Phone) & offline application on Windows 7 and above (PC & Laptop).
- eBook purchases once done on the website, will not be cancelled or refunded.